When importing data in Global Information for an employee or his/her dependents, the import fails with error "ECT_service_layer_CHILD_ENTITY_HAS_NO_PARENT_ENTITY".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Employee Central Imports
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Import Employee Data;
- Download Template for Global Information entity;
- Populate the file as desired;
- Select "Import Data" and validate the file;
- The error is thrown.
The import to Global Information was performed using Incremental import, but the records being imported have no corresponding records in Personal Information with the same Effective Start Date.
- The Global Information data is associated to the Personal Information record via the Effective Start date field. The first is the child entity; the later, the parent entity.
- When you are adding a new Global Information record via the UI, it is done in the Personal Information portlet, which automatically avoids the error scenario. However, if you update Global Information via import, first you will need to import Personal Information records with the same effective dates in your Global Information import file.
- For example, if you import a Global Information record with an Effective Start Date of 01/01/2013, first you will need to import a Personal Information record for that user with an Effective Start Date of 01/01/2013. This is because the Global Information is effectively housed inside the Personal Information record.
ECT_service_layer_CHILD_ENTITY_HAS_NO_PARENT_ENTITY, personal information, global information, effective date, import, dependents, error , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-EDP , Import Employee Data (EC Core only) , LOD-SF-EC-PER-GLO , Global Info - Config, Rules, RBP, UI , LOD-SF-EC-DPD , Dependents Management , Problem