You wish to know how to configure an integration of type 'EDI/Stacked output', which is the only integration type that supports the configuration of multiple headers in the output file.
NOTE: Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- Integration Center
Follow the steps below to get started and get used to this type of integration:
Creating the integration and setting options
- Navigate to Integration Center;
- Click on 'Create' and select 'Scheduled EDI/Stacked File Output Integration';
- For this demonstration, I've selected the PerPerson entity (Biographical Information);
- Configure the output file type, file delimiter and line end settings as desired (if you're unsure, select EDI/Stacked Delimited):
- Make sure to set a File Delimiter as well.
- In the 'Configure fields' tab, insert the first sibling, which will be the header:
- Click on 'New Segment' and set the label as you wish:
- You can repeat steps 4 and 5 to insert a second header if you want;
- Now, set the first header field/column by clicking on 'New Element' and configuring the 'Label' and 'Default value'. I've set both to 'Person ID':
NOTE: The label is just what appears in the UI, and the Default Value is what will appear in the output file.
- You can repeat step 8 for the second header. I have configured it to have the Default Value 'personIdExternal';
- Now, click on any field in the first column (either HEADER1 or HEADER2), click on the plus icon and insert another sibling;
- Then, click on 'New Segment' and click on the Folder icon highlighted below:
It will be converted into a Paging/Batch Element, which corresponds to the rows with the data we want to retrieve.
- Now, we'll configure the first data field/column we'd like to retrieve. For that purpose, click on 'New Element', then on the hamburger icon in the right and finally on 'Change Association':
- Select the desired field from the entity tree view. Since we've configured the first header field to be the Person ID (personIdExternal), it was my field of choice;
- By now, you should already see some data rows in the preview, but there's only one column and naturally you'd like to retrieve more fields for your integration. To do that, click on any of the fields in column 1, as highlighted below, then click on 'Insert Sibling'
- Repeat the previous step for the other two fields in column 1;
- Then, you can configure the fields in the new column the same way as described previously. For the new header fields, follow steps 6-8 and for the batch element field, follow steps 12-13;
- I've configured the second column to correspond to the person's country of birth, as follows:
The configuration of filters, destination settings and scheduling will not be covered in this KBA. If you're new to Integration Center, I recommend reading the official handbook for an overview. For more specific questions which are not covered in the handbook, you may search for KBAs and/or posts within the SAP community.
integration, center, edi, output, stacked, file, csv, batch, paging, page, element, segment, how-to, how, to, configure, configuring, set up, setup, double, header, two, sf, successfactors, sibling , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-INC , Integration Center , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , How To