You assign a Down Payment to an Invoice but the Due Balance field does not calculate the amount correctly.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Select the Invoice Document view.
- In the Show field select the All Items option.
- Select the respective item to be invoiced e. g. Outbound Delivery Invoice document XYZ (XYZ represents the document identification number of the Outbound Delivery).
- Highlight the invoice document XYZ and press the Edit button.
- Select the General tab.
- In the Reference Documents section press the Add Row button.
- Press the value help in the Down Payment Request ID field.
- Navigate to Pricing tab
The invoice value is e.g. 10,000.00 and the Down Payment is 15,000.00. You are expecting that the Due Balance should show a positive 5,000.00, but the field is empty.
Currently ByD does not allow change the assigned down payment amount on the invoice after the invoice is created.
For now the best solution would be to discard the invoice and change the amount on the invoice request. Once the invoice is created it will attempt to add the down payment for the full amount of the invoice.
Due Balance; Down Payment; Invoice Document , KBA , AP-CI-CI , Customer Invoice , How To