An error Customer Hierarchy Specific Discount Product Category XXX With Same Key ZZZ Already Exists occurs when release the Discount List view in the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Product and Service Portfolio work center.
- Select the Discount List view.
- In the Show field select ABC (ABC represents the description of your custom discount list).
- Click on the New button and create Discount List XXX (XXX represents the newly created discount list).
- Enter all respective data and Save and then Release the Discount List.
The error message will appear: Customer Hierarchy Specific Discount Product Category XYZ With Same Key ZZZ Already Exists.
(XXX represents the newly created discount list).
(ZZZ represents the Extension field Key used on the discount list).
When setting up the extension fields you setup custom code to be used to identify the different option that are available. When you select these to be used in sales price list, ByD will store the code value for that value.
So in the case of Automatic Discount Determination, you have maintained the extension 'ZZZ' as code 100 and similar to the other customer extension field ABC (ABC Extension field Key used on the discount list) had code 100 for 'ZZZ' for the field "ABC".
In the database it will sort the code value and in the case of the both price list it would be storing 100 for all the custom values, this is why there is an issue.
To resolve this issue, you need to use different code in the extension fields if you are going to be used in the price lists.
Price Lists; Discount List; Extension Fields , KBA , AP-PMD-SPL , Sales Price List , How To