With 1H 2021 SAP SuccessFactors release, SFAPI supports OAUTH authentication i.e. access token can be used for authorization during SFAPI Login Call.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SuccessFactors SFAPI
As Basic authentication sunset was announced in 2H 2020 for SFAPI and ODATA API call, new authentication mode for SFAPI has been introduced in 1H 2021 release so that you can start migrating your existing integrations to OAUTH.
- As you know, SFAPI entities (except CompoundEmployee API) has already been deprecated and soon it would be decommissioned too (date not planned yet), we would recommend to move your custom integrations which uses SFAPI entities to ODATA API and start using OAUTH authentication available for ODATA API to save efforts or else when SFAPI decommissioning would be announced, you would have to add more efforts to migrate from SFAPI to ODATA API.
- If your custom Integration uses CompoundEmployee API, you can use SFAPI OAUTH for CompoundEmployee API calls.
- For all standard integrations provided by SAP where SFAPI or CompoundEmployee API entities are used would be taken care by SAP and authentication mode would change from basic auth to OAUTH. No action is required by customer until package is adjusted and new parameters have been exposed for customers to configure OAUTH specific information.
- Access token which has been generated can be passed with Header request as below
Value: Bearer <ACCESS_TOKEN>
Examples on usage:
- In below example, you would see how to pass parameter in SOAPUI:
- In below example, you would see how to pass authorization parameter for Google Chrome extension Wizdler:
Check KBA for more information:2320264 - How to make an SFAPI call to test the functionality
OAUTH, SAML, BOOMI, CPI, Basic Authentication, SFAPI, OAuth2 , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , LOD-SF-INT , Integrations , Product Enhancement