- In waterfall chart not found an option to change variance data label values to be percentages.
- It should be possible to display the "variances" shown in the waterfall chart also as separate variance in %.
SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise)
Reproducing the Issue
- Login to SAC.
- Create a new story e.g. based on a sample model "BestRunJiuce_SampleModel".
- Insert a chart: Insert - Chart
- Select Chart Structure - Comparison - Waterfall
- Select Chart Orientation - Vertical
- Add a Measures e.g. [Gross Margin] and Dimensions [Date]
- Add Filter [Date (Member)]:
- select years "2015" and "2016",
- change Show Hierarchy to "Year, Month"
This is a limitation in the product.
- Use Time-Based Variance to a Waterfall Chart to change the display options to see the variance data labels as percentage.
- The variance chart is based on all the measures in the Waterfall chart.
- Set up your chart with one measure and a Date filter.
- The Date filter must have only one value.
- Time based variance is only supported for waterfall chart when there is no dimension and not more than one version used in the chart.
- An enhancement request is already opened for the topic: How to add a variance of the same measure for different years to a waterfall chart
- Please, review and vote for it, that you wish to support and plan to take advantage of in your organization. Note: You will be notified on updates regarding ideas you have voted for.
This document and SAP‘s strategy and possible future developments are subject to change and may be changed by SAP at any time for any reason without notice.
This document is provided without a warranty of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to, the implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, or non-infringement.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , Problem