When setting the standard-hours field value as null (empty) by business rule, it always assumes the value "0".
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- SAP SuccessFactors Employee Central
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Business Rule to set the Standard Weekly Hours if a related field is changed.
- Go to a user's profile and navigate to the Take Action section
- Select the Change Job and Compensation Info
- After selecting a date, change the field as configured on the Business Rule.
The Standard Weekly Hours field will change to "0" instead of clearing the field. Upon removing its content manually, it will always reset to "0" before saving.
This is a expected behavior for the Standard Weekly Hours.
The field will automatically be set to "0" if no other value is set, as it is not possible to remove its content. It is hard-coded to not be empty.
Business Rule, Standard Weekly Hours, field , KBA , LOD-SF-EC-BCI , Manage Business Configuration (BCUI) & Data Models (XML) , Product Enhancement