- When attempting to enable OIT (Open Item Management) for a GL account in app "Manage G/L Account Master Data" (APP ID F0731A) you receive the message FH087; "You cannot change the open item management setting; (see long text)"
- S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Manage G/L Account Master Data.
- Insert the GL account.
- Change the OIT flag.
- When saving the change the message FH087; "You cannot change the open item management setting; (see long text)" is prompted.
As per the long text of the message "You cannot activate/deactivate open item management with this transaction." this is to ensure that Q2P remain consistent.
This change can be achieved with the following steps;
- Schedule a job in the Schedule Accounting Data Corrections app (App ID F4622).
- Use the "Activate Open Item Management for G/L Accounts" job template.
- Preform the change.
For more information please refer to SAP Help Documentation; Manage G/L Account Master Data: FAQ
G/L Account, Master Data, Open Item Mgmt, FH 087, , KBA , FI-GL-GL-N , Master Data , How To