How to use Input Parameter in Story Reports
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
- SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
- People Analytics
- Story Reports
- Login to the instance
- Navigate to Reporting
- Click on 'New' to create a Story report OR click on the three dots to the right of the existing Story report > Edit
- Create a query as per the requirement
- Click on Input Parameter button
- Click on '+' icon to add new Input Parameter
- Configure Input Parameter as desired and save.
- Create Advanced Filter
- Assign Column to the Input Parameter
- Add condition to the filter
- Now, we can select the input parameter when previewing the query. It will function as a filter to the column.
- To select it during Runtime, click on the three dots under More > Edit Prompts > Select the data source
- Select 'Automatically open prompt when story opens' button to make sure that the Story asks for prompt every time we open it.
Note: Input Parameter also works on Calculated Columns
SAC, People Analytics, Story Reports, Input Parameter, Prompt, Calculated Columns , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC-QDS , Query Designer - Filter, Calculated Column, Params , LOD-SF-ANA-SAC-SDS , Story Designer - Story & Formatting , How To