- Unable to edit parameters.
- Parameter edit button grayed out, in Crystal Reports Viewer.
- When viewing a report in Crystal Reports Viewer, it is not possible to edit the parameters, and change the value to refresh the report.
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a report with saved data in Crystal Reports Viewer.
- The Edit button of the input parameter is grayed out.
- It is not possible to edit the parameters, and refersh the report because Crystal Reports Viewer is a software designed to view report only.
- In Crystal Reports Viewer, it is not possible to modify, or refresh reports. It can only view report with saved data.
- To edit report parameters, and refresh a report, open the report in Crystal Reports.
- Another option to refresh a report and change its input parameters, it's to connect Crystal Reports Viewer to the SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform, and then select a report stored on the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform.
In this scenario, it is possible to refresh the report, and change the report parameter values, because the report is actually not refreshed by Crystal Reports Viewer, but by the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform, and the end result is a report with saved data that is sent from the SAP BusinessObjects BI Platform to Crystal Reports Viewer, which is then displayed in Crystal Reports Viewer.
- For more information on Crystal Reports Viewer, see the following SAP Knowledge Article:
1300699 - What are the limitations of Crystal Reports Viewer?
CRV, CR Viewer , KBA , BI-RA-CRV , SAP Crystal Reports Viewer , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports viewer 2020