When maintaining Tax Category: MX1 of Mexico tax number, the error message: Tax code 1 is not valid (Message no. AR129) occurs.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Maintain Business Partner app.
- Select a business partner.
- Switch between display to change mode.
- Go to the Identification Tab and scroll down to the Tax numbers Section.
- Enter Tax Category: MX1 and Tax number.
- Press Check / Save button.
Tax number does not meet the requirements set by SAP.
Tax number will have different filling requirements according to whether natural person is selected:
- If you activate the Natural Person checkbox:
- The length of tax number must be 12.
- The first 4 digits of the Tax Number must be letters and 5 digit to 10 digit of the tax number must be numbers.
- If you inactivate the Natural Person checkbox:
- The length of tax number must be 13.
- The first 3 digits of the Tax Number must be letters and 4 digit to 9 digit of the tax number must be numbers.
S4_PC, AP-MD-BP, BP, Business Partner, maintain, tax, tax category, MX1, MX, Mexico, AR129, code, valid, Natural Person, tax number , KBA , AP-MD-BP-TAX , Tax Data , Problem