- The Current Step Owner ID field returns blank data when the Current Step Approver Type is DYNAMIC_GROUP
- How to get the name or description of the dynamic group from Workflows in the Advanced Reporting query
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Canvas - Advanced Reporting query or Edit an existing Canvas Standard report for Workflow, e.g. Open Workflow Requests
- Make sure that the Current Step Approver Type field is added from the 'Current Step Workflow Wf Request Step' object
- Add a filter for Current Step Approver Type = "DYNAMIC_GROUP" for easier checking
- Run the report or preview the query.
Result: Current Step Owner Id shows no data and the name of the Dynamic Group is not displayed.
From the Workflow Requests side, Owner ID for a Dynamic Group step is not generated. To derive the members of the dynamic group, it’s required to run the 3nd page of the 'Open Workflow Requests' standard report 'page 3 - Dynamic Group Member Assignment'.
To get the Dynamic Group name to show in the report
- From 'Current Step Workflow Wf Request Step' add a join to Current Step User Users Group
- From Current Step User Users Group, select the field Current Step Users Group Name
Current Step Users Group Name should return the name of the Dynamic Group.
To validate, you can check the configuration of the workflow:
dynamic group name, report on name of dynamic_group, advanced reporting, workflow requests reporting, Current Step Users Group Name, DYNAMIC_GROUP, Current Step Workflow Wf Request Step , KBA , LOD-SF-ANA-ADV , Advanced Reporting (ODS) , How To