Creation of a Purchase Order assigning a new Individual Material (IMAT) and you expect the corresponding Low-Value Fixed Asset be created automatically.
But when checking the Goods and Service Receipt, it's not possible to identify the Item Details from the new Low-Value Fixed Asset.
And if you go to the Fixed Asset view, it's not possible to find the Fixed Asset ID created either.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the General Ledger work center.
- Go to the Journal Entries -> Journal Entries view.
- Find the Journal Entry by searching with the Source Document ID for Goods and Service Receipt XXX (XXX represents the Goods Receipt ID).
Upon selecting the G/L Lines from the debit side of the Journal Entry, you can't find any Low-Value Fixed Asset ID in the Item Details.
The Product Category assigned for the Individual Material maintained in the Purchase Order is not assigned in the Fine-Tune setting on Fixed Asset Classes -> Asset Class Determination.
Note that the Product Category maintained for the Purchase Order line item may be different than what you maintained for the Individual Material.
- Go to the Purchase Requests and Orders work center.
- Go to the Purchase Orders view.
- Search and Select the line from the Purchase Order in question.
- Click Edit.
- Navigate to Items tab and Account Assignment sub-tab.
- Double-click the Individual Material ID that is already maintained.
- Take note of the Product Category ID.
You must have maintained a Product Category during the Purchase Order's creation.
For this Product Category, you need to maintain the settings to assign it to the Asset Class.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Implementation Projects view.
- Click Open Activity List.
- Select the Fine-Tune tab.
- Search for Fixed Asset Classes.
- Click Open.
- Click Asset Class Determination.
- Maintain the settings for Company, Product Category and the Fixed Asset Class.
- Click Save.
If you create a Purchase Order, Goods Receipt, or Supplier Invoice with a Product Category for Fixed Assets, the system will be able to create the corresponding Low-Value Fixed Asset automatically.
For this, the system uses the Fixed Asset Class you have assigned here.
Low-Value Fixed Asset, Purchase Order, Fixed Asset, Individual Material , KBA , low-value fixed asset , individual material , fixed asset , purchase order , SRD-FIN-FA , Fixed Assets , How To