- Can we maintain multiple language versions of the same content in SAP JAM?
- What are Translation Bundles?
- In which JAM editions are these available in?
SAP JAM Collaboration
One option and feature available in JAM are the Translation Bundles. Here, you can upload a new or select an existing translated content - documents such as Microsoft Powerpoint, Word, PDF; wiki pages; blog posts; and videos - and add it to a "language bundle" using the Languages feature. Users will then automatically see the translated content for their preferred language, if available. If a language is not set, it always displays regardless of a user's language preference.
By bundling translated content together:
- an author or translator can ensure translations are up-to-date with respect to the original content.
- a user can quickly find all available translations for the content item.
- a user can still see a default or "fallback" translation, even if their preferred translation is unavailable. For example, if a bundle contains English, French, and Spanish translations, and English is set to the default, a user with any other language preference will see the English version.
To add translations to a bundle, please see the steps in this guide: https://help.sap.com/viewer/user_help/d8ce577117594934a2ad9b3be6b6e74e.html?q=translations
To translate pages, image captions, menu tabs, text widgets, and widget titles, please check the "Translate pages" section in https://help.sap.com/admin_guide/sap_jam_admin_guide.pdf
IMPORTANT NOTE: Translation bundles are not available for Basic and Advanced JAM editions. If you want to use this feature, please upgrade to an Advanced Plus or Enterprise edition. Kindly reach out to your CSM/CEE to help you in getting touch with Sales team.
jam, language, translation bundle, multiple, language version, version, manage content, edition, advanced, basic, translation , KBA , LOD-SF-JAM-LAN , Language Packs & Translation , How To