Unable to query the record at the same time when the record is being updated by another user. Record gets locked.
- SAP SuccessFactors Integrations
Reproducing the Issue
- Make changes in a record and simultaneously try to fetch the same record. The record will be locked and won't be picked up in response.
This is an Expected Behavior.
It's common practice for files to not be edited at the same time when the query is running in order to ensure data integrity.
- There is no workaround to deal with this situation.
- If the new added record or record where changes are being made is in the pages that have not yet been queried by the interface, we can fetch them.
- But if the changes are being made after their page has been queried by program then these can not be retrieved in the response.
Three Scenarios of Update and Query Explained:
- If the impacted user's page has already been queried by the program before the change is committed. It will be picked unchanged.
- If the impacted user's page is queried few seconds after the change has been made. Then changed data will be picked up.
- If the query is running on the user's page at the same time change is being made, then this user record will be skipped.
- It is highly recommended not to make changes in the record at the same time that are to be fetched by the query.
Record Locked, User Locked, Update/Query Simultaneously , KBA , LOD-SF-INT-API , API & Adhoc API Framework , Problem