The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- A Date Dimension used as a Hyperlink parameter is not formatted properly
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.2
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Story in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Insert a widget (i.e. Chart or Table) with date/time dimensions i.e [MYDATE], which has format MM.DD.YY and one or more measure
- Add a hyperlink
- In the properties of the hyperlink set:
- Link to / External URL
- External URL / https://<yoururl>? [MYDATE]
- Click on a cell, select Navigate to External URL , the [MYDATE] value has not been formatted to YYYYMMDD
This behavior is intended to be so, the hyperlink is built based on what is displayed on the screen
- For Live BW / HANA Connections: Create calculated dimensions at query level, so that they are formatted according to the destination application / URL needs
- In the External URL creation panel enter the dimension used to format the date
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-LDC-BW , SAC Live Data Connection BW , Problem