Confirmed Delivery Date in Customer Demand is Different from Product Planning
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Supply Planning work center.
- Go to the Products view.
- Search and open the respective Product planning.
- Click on the Sales Order ABC (ABC represents the Customer Demand of the Sales Order).
- Go to the Line Items tab.
- See that for the Confirmed Delivery Date is DD.MM.YYYY.
- Go back to the Product Planning.
- See Purchase Order Acknowledged DEF has the Date as DD.MM.YYYY + 1.
This can behavior can also happen for any Delivery document, including proposals.
The ATP check works based on a 24 hour cycle. However, this cycle is from 12:00 to 12:00 of the site time zone converted to UTC, meaning its 12:00 of the current day to 12:00 of the next day (and not 00:00 to 24:00 of the same day).
ATP by default works on the progressive bucketing logic, which means the receipts are booked to the start of the receipt bucket.
However, we also support conservative bucketing with which the receipts can be booked to the end of the receipt bucket.
In case you would like to opt for the conservative bucketing, please uncheck the checkbox for following Business Configuration scoping question:
- Go to Business Configuration work center.
- Go to Implementation Projects view.
- Select respective Implementation Project and click on Edit Project Scope button.
- Click on next until Step 4 - Questions.
- Expand: Supply Chain Planning and Control -> Demand Management and Order Confirmation -> Product Availability Check.
- Unflag the question "Do you want to receive availability confirmations for products at the start of the 24 hour cycle?"
Product Planning, Customer Demand, Delivery Date , KBA , AP-CR-ATP , Available To Promise Check Run , How To