You are unable to create automatic partial Clearings using the ManageBankAdviceIn web service due to the error 'Posting not possible; clearing inconsistent'.
SAP Business ByDesign.
Reproducing the Issue
- Open SOAP UI software (for example).
- Enter the relevant XML details.
- Start the upload.
You receive the mentioned response, while the respective Customer Invoice remains Open, the Bank Advice is posted as an Open Item and a Clearing is also generated with Proposed Status.
The error is being raised because the checkbox 'Create Manual Clearing Task If Underpaid' is maintained in the Clearing Strategy.
You can refer to the steps below to validate the configuration:
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Open the Clearing Strategies activity.
- Click Maintain clearing strategies.
The 'Create Manual Clearing Task if Underpaid' checkbox is marked.
When that is configured, the system generates a manual task and generates a Clearing in 'Proposed' Status.
The following steps can be used to check the Proposed Clearing:
- Go to the Receivables work center.
- Go to the Customer Accounts view.
- Open the relevant Customer Account.
- Search for the Invoice referenced in the payload.
The Invoice is still Open, but you can find a Clearing ID in the Clearing ID column.
System is working as designed.
In case you wish to execute automatic partial Clearings using the ManageBankAdviceIn web service it is possible to unmark the 'Create Manual Clearing Task if Underpaid' checkbox.
Bank Advice, Customer Invoice, Clearing Strategy, Manual Task , KBA , AP-PAY-ADV , Payment Advice , SRD-FIN-ACR , Receivables , How To