The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
All datasources in job listings under Data Management tab disappear following a successful model rebuild.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.4.3
Reproducing the Issue
- Create any model with a datasource
- Upload and create a new import job, and run import to completion
- Delete the original datasource used to create the model from the Data Management tab, so only the newest import job remains
- Rebuild the model
- Notice that the new import job is gone from the job listings in the Data Management tab, and there are no datasources listed at all
This is product design.
Rebuilding has the potential to modify the entire model structure, and there is no guarantee that mappings created in any subsequent import jobs are still valid for the rebuilt model. As such, only the original datasource (provided it still exists), is recreated afterwards, as stated in the warning dialog prior to rebuilding.
Please either create a new model with the new datasource, so that it may persist after rebuilds, or re-import the desired datasource following rebuilds in the original model.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DE , SAC Data Wrangling , Problem