While trying to change the item thumbnail via item connector, adding a new URL for the image, connector runs without problem, however item does not get updated with the new thumbnail image.
SAP SuccessFactors Learning
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to an existing Item record on LMS
- Add a custom image on item thumbnail image
- Add this item ID and required information on an Item Connector file with new image (include URL)
- Add file on SFTP
- Run Item Connector to consume this file
- Item record does not get updated with the new image thumbnail (old one still shows)
This is expected on LMS as the item got a custom image thumbnail configured via UI. If the item thumbnail image always gets update via Item Connector, then this behavior does not happen. Item connector cannot overwrite the thumbnail image set by admin via UI.
As a workaround, you can:
- Change the thumbnail image manually on the item record
- Create a new revision of this item. In this case, item connector would be able to update the image thumbnail.
If none of these workarounds are acceptable, it is recommended to submit an enhancement request for product.
Item Connector, Item, thumbnail, image, enhancement, cannot change item image, not updating , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-ITE , Items , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Product Enhancement