When processing a document which has a WBS element as an account assignment element, you receive error message no. CJ 052 "WBS element XXXXX is not a billing element".
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In Project Control app, create a project and WBS element.
- Assign this WBS element as an account assignment element when creating a document(e.g. purchase order)
- When saving, error "WBS element XXXXX is not a billing element" occurs.
When making a posting with reference to a WBS element (account assignment), the system checks whether the assigned WBS element or one of its superior WBS elements is a billing element. Thus, normally the error is because the assigned WBS element is not set as a billing WBS element.
If the project is not revenue related, it is possible that the used G/L account is relevant for revenue which leads to the check of billing WBS element.
- If the project profile is project with revenue, please tick on the indicator "Billing Element" in project control or project planning app.
- If the project profile is not related to revenue(e.g. investment project), when creating the document, please check whether the used G/L account is relevant for revenue.
i.e. the cost element category of the cost element is "11"(Revenues) or "12"(sales deduction). If this is the case, please change the cost element category in app "G/L Account Master Data" or use another G/L account .
2984709 - How to set sub WBS elements as billing element.
CJ 052, CJ052, CJ/052, 052, WBS element, is not a billing element, purchase order, account, billing element, project control, CJ20N , KBA , PS-FIO , Fiori UI for Project System , PS-ST , Structures , Problem