When searching for candidates using the Candidate Search feature and using Background Elements on the filter criteria, candidates are not returned. If a background element of a candidate is updated with a new record, all of sudden then, you can find the candidate using that background element as a filter.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Open a Candidate Profile and select a background element you know the candidate have. On this example Language Skills as Portuguese:
- Open Candidate Search, attempt to search by the same Background Element:
- Now, access the Candidate Profile and create a new record on the same Background Element:
- Save the profile. Remove the newly added Background Element, leaving only the one that was already there, and Save it again.
- Now access the Candidate Search, and execute the same search, and notice that the candidate is now returning on the Search with the given criteria:
This is caused by an issue on the Solr Indexes for the environment which was fixed by our Software Engineering team on b2005. The issue was fixed for new information that is added into the instance, but for data that was already indexed previous to the correction the correction is not applicable.
To have this resolved, our Software Engineering team has created a script, which must be executed via our Cloud Operations team to resolve the Index Data.
The script has been executed for some customers who have been identified with this behavior, and the same is on the internal code of COSR-204533. In case you are facing this same issue, request SAP to run the same script for your environment.
COSR-204533, index, candidate, search, not, working, returning, candidates, background, element, missing, no, results , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-CAN , General Candidate Issues (not Offers, not Profiles) , Problem