The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- When importing content from another tenant or local file, the folder share settings are reset
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.2.11
Reproducing the Issue
- In Tenant A create a folder named TEST_FOLDER
- Share TEST_FOLDER with a particular user i.e. User X only - full control
- From tenant A export TEST_FOLDER only in content with Content Network or Local File to tenant B
- In tenant B Import the Content exported in step 3
- In tenant B customize the share permissions for the TEST_FOLDER, i.e. user X has View mode only
- From tenant B export TEST_FOLDER only in content with Content Network or Local File to tenant A
- In tenant A Import the Content exported in step 6, using the option "Overwrite" but without "Including Permissions"
- Check the TEST_FOLDER, sharing security has been changed
This behavior is currently by design.
As per the Help Guide: The settings "Overwrite" and "Including Permissions" are referred to Privacy and Data Access Control settings for models and dimensions, as well as the corresponding permissions assigned to each role.
After import, manually adjust the sharing settings as needed
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem