Get the error message: Posting period is not open for variant in the job log of Post Recurring Journal Entries.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to App Manage Recurring Journal Entries.
- Click on the Create new recurring journal entry to create a recurring journal entry.
- Create the recurring journal entry with a start date from previous posting periods.
- Go to App Schedule General Ledger Jobs.
- Press the create option to create a new Post Recurring Journal Entries Job.
- Provide the Recurring journal Entry number, company code, fiscal year and other required parameters in selection criteria.
- Provide the mandatory field Due date (To be able to post all the Recurring Journal entries the Due date must be after the posting date of the last recurring journal entry date).
- Check the job parameters by pressing the Check button.
- Schedule the job by pressing the Schedule button.
- Wait for the job to Execute.
- Error message is received in the job log.
- Go to the App Manage posting periods.
- View your posting period variant.
- Find that the Adjustment period is not open for the previous posting periods.
Find the following steps to resolve the posting error in the job Post Recurring Journal Entries
- Select the check box on the Posting Period Variant.
- Account type + (Valid for all account type).
- Click on Set Posting Periods.
- In the popup box click the Open Periods option.
- Go to the Adjustment period tab.
- In the Fiscal year period. Set "From" period as First recurring entry period and "To" period to the Last recurring entry period, for the Recurring Journal Entry year.
- Press on OK button
- Reschedule the Post Recurring Journal Entries job for the Recurring journal entry.
Refer the SAP help documentation on Manage Recurring Journal Entries
Below note gives us the information on how to select the Due Date field.
Refer the below given note to setup restrictions for the users to post to a fiscal year period.
manage, recurring, journal, entries, post, recurring, journal, entries, posting, period, is, not, open, for, variant, S4_PC, app, id, F1598, F1927 , KBA , FI-FIO-GL-TRA , Transactions Apps , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , How To