The Freight Price Component is unexpectedly duplicated when adding an Item to a Follow-Up Sales Document.
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the New Business work center.
- Go to the Sales Quotes view.
- Search for ABC (ABC is the Sales Quote ID).
- Click on Follow Up button, then Sales Order (for example).
- In the Items tab, add a new row and add a new item.
- In the Pricing and Invoicing tab, Freight Price Component is duplicated.
If Freight is maintained to differentiate based on Document Type, Freights on different Sales Documents are seen as different Price Components by the system.
For example: Freight on a Sales Quote is different to Freight on a Sales Order.
If you create a Follow Up Document that is of a Different Type to the original document, it can happen that the Freight is duplicated when adding an Item, as the system does not recognize the two as different.
Freight should not be maintained with reference to the Document Type.
This can be achieved by adding a New Custom Pricing Table with any Key Fields except Document Type.
- Go to the Business Configuration work center.
- Go to the Overview view.
- Search for: Configure Price Strategy activity.
- Open the Pricing Tables.
- Add a New Custom Pricing Table at the Item Level. (You can use Sales Organization as Key Field, for example)
- Open Access Sequence, scroll down to Item Level - Freight.
- Add the Custom Pricing Table you created.
- Open Pricing Group Assignments, click on Freights.
- Add the Custom Pricing Table you created again on the right hand column "Item Pricing Table", and name it as you prefer.
Once you have added this Customer Table to the Access Sequence for Item Level Freight and to the Pricing Group assignments, you can maintain Freights without having to maintain a Document Type.
After, you can got to the Products and Service Portfolio work center, under Frights view, you can see the new Custom Table in the dropdown under the name you have created. You can maintain your new Freights here, the key difference being that you no longer have to maintain a Document Type. Once you remove the old Freights and maintain them here, you will no longer see this issue.
Freight, Duplicated, Follow Up, Sales Document , KBA , AP-PRC-PC , Calculation , How To