The following behavior occurs in SAP Analytics Cloud (SAC):
- The story is based on a Live BW model. The backend Bex query contains a Datetime From To selection variable.
- In story, when setting the value for the Datetime variable. For From item, if selecting an older Datetime value than the current value in To item. The selected one will automatically go to To item but not From.
- At the same time, the From item value will be changed to the value in To item.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021.1
Reproducing the Issue
- In backend SAP Business Warehouse (BW), create a Bex query which has a Datetime From To selection variable.
- In SAP Analytics Cloud, create a live BW model based on this Bex query.
- Based on this live BW model, create a new story.
- It will pop up the variable setting dialog. First set value for the Datetime, for example, make From as 2016 Apr, Ti as 2016 Dec.
- Now delete the From value and set it to a bigger one than the To item. For example, 2019 Jan.
- Notice that, now From is changed to 2016 Dec and To is changed to 2019 Jan.
This issue is a by Design behavior in SAP Analytics Cloud. It is normal that From cannot be higher than To. The current behavior helps to user to predict the To field out of From. The behavior is more intuitive, than an error message displayed in the interface to warn the From value is bigger.
User can first change To value before a bigger value was set to From part.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , LOD-ANA-FLY , Firefly used for HANA , LOD-ANA-LDC-BW , SAC Live Data Connection BW , Problem