An error is shown when you try to create a job requisition from a future dated position.
"Sorry, the requisition cannot be created. Creation of a job requisition for position ***** failed. Details: ***** is/are invalid values of position. Enter valid external code."
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to Position Org Chart
- Select a future date in the Calendar
- Search and select the future-dated position
- Click on the three-line menu icon > Create Job Requisition
- In 'Date of New Job Requisition', enter the current date
- Press 'Create'
- An error is displayed: "Sorry, the requisition cannot be created. Creation of a job requisition for position ***** failed. Details: ***** is/are invalid values of position. Enter valid external code."
We can create a Job Requisition for a future dated Position based on the jobStartDate.
The option "Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages" lets the recruiting users fetch only the active and valid positions as of the jobStartDate and get displayed on the job requisition based on the job start date.
If jobStartDate is not defined in the Job Requisition template, the current system date is taken as default.
1. Define the standard field jobStartDate in Job Requisition templates and grant "write" permission to operators;
After adding the field, perform OData API Metadata Refresh and confirm that it is available under JobRequisition entity in OData API Data Dictionary.
- Example of XML template:
<field-definition id="jobStartDate" type="date" required="false" custom="false">
<field-label><![CDATA[Planned Start Date]]></field-label>
<field-description><![CDATA[Select a proposed date]]></field-description>
- Example of Manage Templates:
2. Go to Manage Recruiting Settings, enable "Allow users to select only those instances that are active as of the date in the Job Start Date field in the Job Requisition and Offer Detail pages";
3. Go to Position Management Settings > Integration > Field Mapping Rule to Create Job Requisition from Position, map jobStartDate to Position.Start Date.
To schedule a Job Requisition for a future date, please see KB article 2651887 - Creating job requisition for a future date using position org chart - Recruiting Management
job requisition, future position, Date of New Job Requisition, jobStartDate, effective start date, effective-dated, position start date , KBA , LOD-SF-RCM-POS , Position Integration , LOD-SF-RCM-JOB , Job Postings & Requisitions , How To