In SAP Analytics Cloud, when a user imports data into a model via the interactive workflow, if the data volume is large and the system is under load, the browser may display an error message of “Application Server Error”. This error occurs because the HTTP connection between the browser and the SAC service is disconnected when the processing of the import takes longer than the timeout period.
- SAP Analytics Cloud (Enterprise) 2021
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a new model
- Choose a large amount of data
- Get the error "Application Server Error"
When this issue occurs, the backend processing of the data import will continue even though the HTTP connection is dropped. As such, it is advised that the user do the following:
- Exit the user interface
- Wait for a few minutes
- Come back to the model to check whether the imported data is effected in the model.
During this period of time, the user should not open the draft data source to attempt another import.
It is also recommended to use a background job instead of the interactive workflow for large amounts of data. Either schedue a job to run at specific time, or using the refresh job operation. For data coming from files, consider putting the files on File Server or Google Drive, as both of these storage method support scheduling of data import jobs.
- 2569847 - Where can you find SAC user assistance (help) to use, configure, and operate it more effectively?
- Have a question? Ask it here and let our amazing SAP community help! Or reply and share your knowledge!
- 2487011 - What information do I need to provide when opening an incident for SAP Analytics Cloud?
- 2511489 - Troubleshooting performance issues in SAP Analytics Cloud
- Search for SAP Analytics Cloud content using Google or Bing:
- Note: Add relevant text or warning/error messages to the text search field to filter results.
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Data Connections
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists
- SAP Analytics Cloud > Learning > Guided Playlists > Getting Support
- Need More Help? Contact Support or visit the solution finder today!
Your feedback is important to help us improve our knowledge base.
SAP Cloud for Planning, sc4p, c4p, cforp, cloudforplanning, Cloud for Analytics, Cloud4Analytics, CloudforAnalytics, Cloud 4 Planning, BOC, SAPBusinessObjectsCloud, BusinessObjectsCloud, BOBJcloud, BOCloud., SAC, SAP AC, Cloud-Analytics, CloudAnalytics, SAPCloudAnalytics,Error, Issue, System, Data, User, Unable, Access, Connection, Sac, Connector, Live, Acquisition, Up, Set, setup, Model, BW, Connect, Story, Tenant, Import, Failed, Using, Working, SAML, SSO, sapanalyticscloud, sap analytical cloud, sap analytical cloud, SAC, sap analyst cloud, connected, failure, stopped, import, connection, time, out , KBA , LOD-ANA-DES , Model, Story Design & Visualizations , Problem