You are trying to consume a Material in Project XYZ (XYZ refers to the Project ID), but system shows error message "Material not available for consumption in project"
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Project Management work center.
- Go to the Projects view.
- Search for Project XYZ.
- Click on Edit button.
- Go to the Products tab.
- Go to the Project Stock Orders sub-tab.
- Expand the relevant Project Stock Order.
- Select any Line Item.
- Click on the Consume button.
- Click on the OK button.
System shows an error message saying "Material not available for consumption in project".
This issue is caused because of the Logistics Area of the material. If you search in the Stock Overview for the Material you are trying to consume and open its respective Logistics Area, you will see that Inventory-Managed field is set as "No".
- Go to the Inbound Logistics work center.
- Go to the Stock Overview common task.
- Search for the Material you are trying to consume.
- Click on its Logistics Area.
- Click on the Edit button.
- Select the Logistics Area.
- Mark the checkbox "
material, consumption, consume, project, not available , KBA , AP-IP-GAC , Goods and Activity Confirmation , How To