When you use the Resource Management app to create staffing assignments to a work package, the changes are not saved.
SAP S/4HANA CLOUD 2102
Reproducing the Issue
- Launch the Resource Management app.
- Select the All Resource Requests card.
- Select a work package that contains an open resource request.
- Staff a resource to the work package.
- Choose the Save button.
This issue is a bug in SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2102 release.
The issue is resolved and the correction will be delivered with Hotfix Collection S4HANA CE2102 HFC05.
As a workaround, you can follow the below steps:
- Launch the Plan Customer Projects app and open the project where the staffing issue exists.
- Navigate to the Work Package tab and increase the duration of the work package in which the staffing issue exists.
- Choose the option to retain total efforts on the pop up that appears after changing the duration of the work package, and save the changes.
- Since the retain total efforts option re-distributes the planned efforts, you may adjust the period-wise planning for the demands.
- After performing these steps, you can staff the resource using Resource Management app.
Resource Management, Staffed resource, Unstaffed Resource, Work Package, Customer Project , KBA , CA-CPD-SS , S/4HANA Professional Services Cloud - CPM , Problem