- This is one Primary SRS (PRS) to many Replicate SRS(RRS) route environment, using table replication definition (repdef) & subscription.
- All SRSs are running on v15.7.1x & the route version to the RRSs is 1500.
- There are more than one RRSs subscribe to the same primary table in the PRS.
- According to New Features in Replication Server Version 15.5, repdef version is introduced since RS15.5.
- In this environment, repdef id (objid) should be packed from PRS instead of repdef version because the route version is not 1550 yet.
- In this case, after alter replication definition was issued from PRS, all RRSs (except 1st one or two) hit the following error due to wrong repdef version was packed:
- ERROR #5204 DSI EXEC(312 RDS.RDB) - eneric/dsi/dsiutil.c(5168)
- Error from unpacker or parser. See previous message for more information.
- ERROR #32059 DSI EXEC(312 (1) RDS>RDB) - de/generic/nrm/nrm.c(706)
Invalid object identifier for table or function '<repdef_name>'. id=<xxxx>
- id can be either <new repdef version> or <repdef_name>
- repdef version is stored in rs_objects & rs_columns 'version' in the RSSD for that primary table. When this issue happened, repdef version is different than the objid was found.
- There is no BAD ENTRY in the outbound queue, the issue is not exactly like KBA 2275899
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 15.7.1
- SAP Replication Server (SRS) 16.0
SAP Replication Server 15.7 ; SAP Replication Server 16.0
alter repdef; parser unpacker error; invalid identifier; , KBA , BC-SYB-REP , Sybase Replication Server (standalone) , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.