After running the Competency Connector, the Competencies were not created and the following error is presented:
- Entity does not exist.CompetencyType: SF Competency
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - 1H 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a Competency Library Export job in Provisioning and run it
- Run the Competency Connector
- Check the details of the job after it's completed and notice the error
The CONNECTOR configuration has the following value set competency.connector.sf.defaultValue.competencyType=SF Competency by default. The system does not have this value created in the system by default and with the new UI, the Competency Type section is no longer accessible. As Competency Type is not part of the Competency Library Export, the Connector defaults to the defaultvalue setting.
This issue has been fixed in 2H 2020 as the Connector logic will automatically create the Competency Type that is set at by competency.connector.sf.defaultValue.competencyType value. This is an issue for vSaaS which are on 1H 2020 release. Upon upgrading to 1H 2021 in November, this issue will no longer be present. This is only an issue if Competencies are being setup for the first time.
- Contact Support to run a script to create the SF Competency default value. Support, please reference the internal memo.
- Update the competency.connector.sf.defaultValue.competencyType setting to one of the four default values already in the system and run the Connector again. The default values are:
It is preferred that the default values that are set in the system are used as Competency Type (option 2). Competency Type is an LMS only field that is not used for CDP integration.
Entity, exist.CompetencyType, error, competencies, competency, SF, default, setup, validated, create , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-CDP , Career Development Program , LOD-SF-LMS-CON , Connectors , Known Error