When creating a new customer / supplier with the same value of some fields as existing customer / supplier, the duplicate check message is not always prompted in Manage Customer/ Supplier Master Data app.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Open Manage Customer / Supplier Master Data.
- Copy information from an existing customer / supplier to create a new one.
- Click Check or Create button.
- The duplicate check message is sometimes not prompted.
SAP standard design.
The conditions for the function of the duplicate check to be triggered are:
- All mandatory fields have to be filled.
- A duplicate is found only if the data has been entered for the relevant fields.
The message of duplicate check will be prompted only if the data in the address fields or Identification fields are matching. (But it is not a compulsion to fill in all the address fields and ID fields for the duplicate check to work.)
S4_PC, S/4HANA Cloud, LO-MD-BP, AP-MD-BP, duplicate, check, create, customer, supplier, vendor , KBA , LO-MD-BP , Business Partners , AP-MD-BP , Business Partner , Problem