- What are SAP's long-term plans regarding support for Crystal Reports within SAP BI Platform environments?
- The following was announced in the SAP BusinessObjects addendum to Statement of Direction [addendum to the BI Statement of Direction]:
Crystal Reports Classic is a mature solution which delivers specific pixel perfect workflows. We will continue to offer full support on Windows platforms, but we don’t plan to deliver major new features.
We plan to stop supporting Crystal Reports 2020 services on UNIX and on Linux operating systems from version BI 4.3 SP2 on. For customers running BusinessObjects on UNIX or Linux clusters and with Crystal Reports servers, we will offer two alternatives:
- Host Crystal Reports 2020 services on dedicated Windows servers; this distributed deployment will be fully supported and this blog post details how to set this up
- Stay on BI 4.2 for which we will exceptionally extend the support until end of 2027, only on explicit demand.
This change doesn't affect Crystal Reports for Enterprise which will continue to be supported on all platforms. Nevertheless, we don't plan major enhancements either.
As Web Intelligence and SAP Analytics Cloud are the solutions we will invest in going forward, we recommend considering using them for generic reporting use cases.
- SAP Crystal Reports Classic (CR2016, CR2020, etc.)
- SAP Crystal Reports for Enterprise
- SAP BusinessObjects Business Intelligence Platform 4.x
- all supported operating systems (Windows / Linux / Unix)
sp 2 cr 2013 2016 2020 4e cr2013 cr2016 cr2020 cr4e crc report designer SoD future planned supports server rhel redhat red hat el suse enterprise sles sun sparc solaris powerpc ibm aix , KBA , BI-BIP-ADM , BI Servers, security, Crystal Reports in Launchpad , BI-BIP-INS , Installation, Updates, Upgrade, Patching , Problem
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.