Users were able to post goods receipt with reference to an inbound delivery with APP Post Goods Receipt for SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2011.
The goods receipt posting was possible for inbound deliveries which contain items that are relevant for putaway, and putaway is not completed yet.
The material document is created successfully, but the inbound delivery statuses are inconsistent:
- Goods Movement Status: Completed
- Putaway Status: Not yet processed/Partially Processed
- Overall Status: Partially Processed
It causes that Inbound deliveries cannot be archived.
Error message VLA308 ("Qty to be posted is greater than maximum postable quantity: delivery &1/item &2") is raised to prevent such inconsistency.
SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to APP Post Goods Receipt, enter an inbound delivery which is not putaway yet.
- Post goods receipt for the inbound delivery.
- Error message "Qty to be posted is greater than maximum postable quantity: delivery &1/item &2" occurs.
APP Post Goods Receipt apps will check if putaway for an inbound delivery has been completed before posting goods receipt from SAP S/4HANA Cloud 2102.
Goods receipt posting with APP Post Goods Receipt is not longer possible without performing putaway.
- Perform putaway for Inbound Deliveries with APP Change Inbound Delivery then post goods receipt with APP Post Goods Receipt.
- If putaway is not required for inbound deliveries, then you can disable putaway relevance for delivery item category ELN at SSCUI 102974 Define Delivery Item Categories.
Restrictions for Option 2:
- Option 2 is not intended if there are already ongoing inbound deliveries to be processed.
- It is not possible to perform putaway anymore with APP Change Inbound Delivery after changing the delivery item category ELN to not relevant for putaway.
Post Goods Receipt, putaway, item category, ELN, inbound delivery, MIGO, SSCUI 102974, VLA308 , KBA , LE-SHP-DL , Delivery Processing , MM-IM-GF , Basic Functions , Problem