Candidate opens the Onboarding tour but it doesn't show all the tiles and steps you have configured.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors - Onboarding 1.0
Reproducing the Issue
- New Hire logs into SuccessFactors.
- Go to Home Page and Clicks on the icon located in the right corner.
- Under the options, select "Onboarding Tour", as shown below:
- In the example below, we only have the option to "Finish", instead of "Next", even after configuring the tour to show the tiles:
If the tiles are not appearing for the candidate in the Home Page, then it's expected that they don't appear in the tour as well. For example, if you have a tile named "To do courses", but the candidate doesn't have any course to take, this tile will be invisible on the home page and consequently, it will not appear in the tour.
This is one of the possible reasons why tiles are not appearing, so please, check if this is applicable for your case. To understand the root cause, you may need to : See what you have in the configuration of the tour and Confirm that the tiles missing from the tour are also missing in the Home Page.
How to check the configuration you have for the tour:
To do so, Manage Home Page Permission is required.
- Log into your instance.
- Search for "Manage Home Page" in the search bar OR open the Admin Center and also, search for Manage Home page.
- On the top, click on the option "Mange Tours"
- The tour configuration will appear as below, to open the tour setup, you need to select it by clicking on the pencil icon.
- The Tour setup will pop up, to check the steps you have configured, please, click on the tab "Steps":
Now, you know all the tiles configured for the tour. So you need to confirm that none of them are appearing for the candidate.
Confirm that the tiles missing from the tour are also missing in the Home Page
- Go to Home Page.
- Check the tile and confirm that none of tiles configured in the tour are appearing in the home page, as below:
With this scenario, we can assume that the reason why the tour is not showing all the steps is because they were not appearing for the candidate in first place. To resume: If tile is not appearing in Home page, it will not appear in the tour, this is an expected behavior, once the system understands that it's not necessary to show information that is not being used.
Tiles, Tour, Home Page, New Hire, Candidate, Manage Home Page, Configuration, Missing, Not showing, Steps. , KBA , LOD-SF-OBD-POD , Home Page, Pods and Portlets, To Do List , Problem