- Cost center restriction do not work within the App Display Line Items in General Ledger.
- Cost center restriction is not working for a user.
- Financial Accounting (FI).
- SAP S/4HANA Finance.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud.
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a business user from the App Maintain business users.
- Assign the role SAP_BR_OVERHEAD_ACCOUNTANT and SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT to the user.
- Click on maintain restrictions.
- Maintain the cost center restrictions for the business user.
- The App Display Line Items in General Ledger is available with a Catalog (SAP_FIN_BC_GL*) that is assigned to the authorization context GENLDGR.
- The user is authorized to see all cost centers, either by having been granted full access by the administrator or by the role as the role does not check the authorization object for cost center it will simply add the authorizations which overwrite the cost center restrictions.
- For a user having two roles and app being available in both roles. In role A user has been granted full access for an authorization object, in role B limited access for the same authorization object. As a result, the user will have full access in the app for the auth object.
- Cost center restriction can be applied to the authorization context OVHDCOST and SALES.
- The App Display Line Items in General Ledger is available with the catalog SAP_FIN_BC_GL_ANALYTICS_PC. The cost center restriction is not applied to the catalog SAP_FIN_BC_GL*.
- For the authorization context OVHDCOST restrictions can be set on the APP Display Line Items - Cost Accounting. It is a similar variant of App Display Line Items in General Ledger available with the catalog SAP_FIN_BC_OH_REP_GEN_PC. It can be accessed with the role SAP_BR_OVERHEAD_ACCOUNTANT.
SAP_FIN_BC_GL_ANALYTICS_PC, OVHDCOST, GENLDGR, SAP_BR_OVERHEAD_ACCOUNTANT , SAP_BR_GL_ACCOUNTANT, maintain, restriction, App, Display, Line, Items, in, General, Ledger, F2217, S4_PC, overhead, accounting, general, ledger, accounting , KBA , FI-GL-IS , Information System , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , Problem