You are unable to use the e-mail channel address as a condition when creating an e-mail workflow rule.
SAP Cloud for Customer
Reproducing the Issue
- Navigate to Administrator work center.
- Navigate to Workflow Rules work center view.
- Click New.
- Set the Business Object as e-mail.
- Fill in all mandatory details.
- Click Next.
- Click Add to add a condition.
- See that the e-mail channel address field is not available in the conditions list.
E-mail Address related fields, such as e-mail Channel Address, are not supported in Workflow Rules.
This is the expected behavior for the Workflow Scenario. In case you have a request for a different behavior, you may contact your implementation manager to help with such request or approach directly the SAP Cloud Service Center.
You can find more details about the services offered by Cloud Service Center on https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html. You can contact Cloud Service Center as follows:
- If you are a partner: please use email@example.com or the Partnerfinder
- If you are a customer: please use the little blue box “Contact Us” shown on the very right-hand side of https://www.sap.com/services/application-development.html, choose “Contact Us”, choose “Services”, choose “SAP Custom Development” and complete the page
Note: The services of the SAP Cloud Service Center will be charged as packaged services based on fixed prices.
An alternative option may be to check the SAP Customer Influencer Site to submit an idea: https://influence.sap.com/SAPCloudforCustomer.
A similar scenario exists for extension fields of type e-mail address, as explained in KBA 2826167 - Extension Field Of Data Type Web Address and E-mail Address Are Not Available For Defining Workflow Rule (https://launchpad.support.sap.com/#/notes/2826167)
E-mail, Channel, Address, Condition, Workflow, Workflow Rule, Rule, C4C, Cloud for Customer, Service, E-mail Channel, Unavailable, , KBA , LOD-CRM-SRP-WKF , Ticket Workflow , How To