Incorrect redirects from the New Homepage
SAP SuccessFactors HXM Suite
Reproducing the Issue
The New Homepage Experience must be enabled and the permission to access it granted, see KBA 2979275 - New Experience for the Home Page [2H 2020]
The Provisioning option "Do not attempt to redirect the user to the last page visited when logging back in after session expiration" must be disabled (Partners or Support can check this from Provisioning)
Steps to Replicate:
- Set the login users landing page as the homepage (Settings > Start Page > select “Home” and save – see KBA - 2088628 - Start Page feature | How to choose your own Start Page in SuccessFactors?)
- Ensure you have the new homepage access permission for your logged in user (See SAP Help document for more information Enabling the Latest Home Page Experience)
- Login and you are automatically directed to the new homepage as expected
- Navigate to another module like Org Chart or Admin center from the Home drop down list on the top left
- Don't logout but instead x/close the browser tab
- Open a new tab and login > land on the new homepage
- Navigate to a different module like for example reporting or recruiting
- Get redirected to the page you were on before I x/closed the previous session instead of the expected module
As the previous session was terminated incorrectly by closing the tab instead of logging out you were redirected the page you were on previously to the incorrect termination.
The New Home Page does not currently have the LastPageVisited feature coded yet
The LastPageVisited is tracked through cookie. It always there until the redirect happens and gets clean up. Because the new home page doesn't use it, it stays there until a non-new home page is visited and then redirect happens
Fixed in the b2105 release - the redirect to the last page visited will happen when logging into the new home page exactly as it would with the old home page.
Work Around until release:
Ensure you log out of the session from the profile picture drop down in the top right
Enable the option in provisioning "Do not attempt to redirect the user to the last page visited when logging back in after session expiration" (contact partner support or customer support to request this)
**Note this will also change behavior for session time outs, if you session times out due to 30 minutes of inactivity by enabling this option in Provisioning, you will not land back on the page you were working on before the timeout.
Homepage, New Homepage, Home Page, New Home Page, Redirect, Incorrect Redirect , KBA , LOD-SF-PLT-HOM , Home Page , Problem