The original external candidate profile has been converted/merged into Internal candidate profile via External to Internal Candidate Profile conversion.
The employee cannot re-use the primary email address to create a new external candidate profile, although there is no duplicate.
- Error on career site: "Account Already Exists"
- Error when Recruiting admin adds new candidate: "The information you entered matches candidate records already in the system"
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Recruiting Management
Reproducing the Issue
- A candidate was hired as an employee previously;
- The original External Candidate Profile has been merged/converted into Internal Candidate Profile;
- Due to termination, the employee has become inactive;
- The candidate (ex-employee) tries to re-use the primary email address to create a new external candidate profile;
- It shows "Account Already Exists".
This is an expected behavior as the system will not allow to create an account with the same email address that exists in the RCM_CAND_PROFILE_CONVERSION table.
The POSTCONV_EXT_EMAIL_ADDRESS field in RCM_CAND_PROFILE_CONVERSION table will store the primary email address of the candidate prior to conversion even if we do not configure that field ("postConvExtContactEmail") in Candidate Profile Template.
Solution 1 - Purge the internal candidate profile
There are two ways to purge the internal candidate profile:
1) (DPCS 2.0 purge routine) Delete the internal candidate profile and then purge the data via RCM Entity Anonymization job
Step 1 Delete the candidate profile
- Employee: Careers > My Candidate Profile > Delete Profile
- Admin user: Admin Center > Delete Candidate
Step 2 Run RCM Entity Anonymization job from provisioning
2) (DRM/DTRM purge routine) Data Retention Management > Purge Inactive User
Please uncheck “There is data for this user in Employee Central (EC)”
Download Preview Report – confirm that it shows “TO BE PURGED” in [RCMCandidateObjectType.csv]
Solution 2 - Employee to Candidate Deconversion
Employee to Candidate Deconversion will clean up the existing data and de-converts the internal candidate profile to external candidate profile.
For more information, please refer to KB articles in See Also.
Conversion and Deconversion
- KB article 2249476 - External to Internal Candidate Profile conversion - Recruiting Management
- KB article 2081617 - Employee to Candidate Deconversion - Recruiting Management
Delete Candidate and RCM Entity Anonymization
- KB article 2670133 - Delete Candidate Feature - Recruiting Management
- KB article 2166333 - How To Set Up Anonymization - Recruiting Management
- KB article 2103393 - Which data may be Anonymized, when using DPCS 2.0 - Recruiting Management
Purge Inactive User
- KB article 2545988 - How to Purge/Delete users in SuccessFactors Cloud
- KB article 2585473 - ##### Belongs to EC Data Thus Can't Be Purged / There is data for this user in Employee Central (EC)