You want to bind an Extension Field using the Extensibility Explorer to a Standard Screen in the UI Designer and you are unsure which Business Object Node is relevant to the selected Anchor.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- SAP Cloud for Customer
- SAP Business ByDesign
- SAP Cloud Applications Studio
Reproducing the Issue
- You have created a Custom Solution.
- You have created an Extension Field on an Extension Business Object.
Steps to Reproduce:
- Open a Standard Screen in the UI Designer.
- Open the Extensibility Explorer tab.
- Select any Anchor.
The Add Extension Field option is unavailable or it is available and you cannot find your Extension Field.
Not all Anchors refer to an extensible Business Object Node but you can use the below steps to check:
- Open the Anchor in the Extensibility Explorer [...]
- Copy the Xrep Path.
- Close Window.
- Open the Properties tab.
- Under Extensibility, open the Anchor Collection [...]
- Scroll to the Anchor that matches the Xrep Path.
- Check the BONode Name.
Refer to Knowledge Based Article: 2587174 - PDI Field Cannot be Added to Standard
SDK, PDI, Xrep path, BONode, Anchor Collection, Add Extension Field , KBA , AP-RC-UIF-DT , UI Framework Designtime , How To