In Create Billing Documents app, more than 100 delivery items are being billed into one billing document. However, when navigated to Manage Billing Documents app to preview its temporary billing document, only 100 items are generated.
- SAP S/4HANA Cloud
Reproducing the Issue
- In Create Billing Documents app, choose multiple delivery notes.
- Click on 'Billing Settings' and turn 'Choose delivery items to be billed and select quantities' on.
- Click on 'Create Billing Documents' button and in table 'Delivery Items to Be Billed', there are more than 100 delivery items ready to be billed. For example, 118 delivery items.
- Click 'OK' and it will be navigated to Manage Billing Documents app and TMP invoice is displayed.
- In there it's found only 100 billing items are being generated, rather than 118 items.
It's caused by misusage of setting 'Choose delivery items to be billed and select quantities'. This setting is a feature released in CE2102, which is expected to use when partial billing is needed by business requirement.
Per SAP Help Portal, when this setting is enabled, it becomes possible to choose the delivery items and select the quantities for each item to create billing document.
At the moment, as for the best practise of Create Billing Document app, it's expected to create a billing document with less than 100 items if partial billing scenario is being needed.
Always adapt the way you use different apps and settings based on both the real business need and the system limitation. Here below are some prososals regarding this topic.
- If Create Billing Documents app is used and 'partial billing' is needed, always avoid putting more than 100 billing items into one billing document.
- If 'partial billing' is needed and more than 100 billing items are required, VF01 app can be used as a workaround.
- If 'partial billing' is not needed, turn off the setting ‘Choose delivery items to be billed and select quantities’.
TMP, temporary invoice, Choose delivery items to be billed and select quantities, more than 100 items, billing items, delivery items, partial billing , KBA , SD-FIO-BIL , Fiori UIs for Billing , Problem