- Crystal Reports Viewer crash.
- When opening a report in Crystal Reports Viewer, it generates an error and crash.
- Able to open the same report with saved data in Crystal Reports, but not in Crystal Reports Viewer.
- When attempting to open a report with saved data that contains a linked subreport, Crystal Reports Viewer crash with the error:
"Unable to load database connector 'com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.driverImpl.DriverLoader'. - [JRC00003069]
Caused by: Unable to load database connector 'com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.driverImpl.DriverLoader'. - [JRC00003069]
Caused by: com.crystaldecisions.reports.queryengine.driverImpl.DriverLoader - [Internal Error BundleLoaderL483]"
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports Viewer 2016
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, create a report based on any data source.
- Insert a subreport on the report.
- Link the subreport to the main report on a database field.
- Filter the report data to return no data on the main report.
- Under the menu "File", check the option "Save Data with Report"
- Save the report on your local computer.
- In Crystal Reports Viewer, open the report saved with data, and it displays the error, then crash.
- The issue only occur when the report contain at least one linked subreport, and the main report has no data.
- Crystal Reports Viewer can only view report with data. Since the main report has no data, it tries to fetch the data for the linked subreport, and causes the error because it does not have the functionality to connect to data source.
- This issue was tracked under SAP Note 2769275
- The issue is resolved in the following product update of Crystal Reports Viewer:
- Crystal Reports Viewer 2016 - Support Pack 08 and above
- After applying the update, when opening a report with saved data containing a linked subreport, Crystal Reports Viewer will display the message indicating the report has no data.
- If you cannot apply the latest product update, then to workaround the issue, check the report option "Suppress Printing If No Records"
- In Crystal Reports, open the report.
- Under the menu "File", select "Report Options..."
- Check the option: "Suppress Printing If No Records"
- Click "OK"
- Save the report.
Now, when the main report returns no data, it will be possible to open the report in Crystal Reports Viewer, but it will show a blank page, because the report has no data.
CRV, CR Viewer, CR, Crystal Viewer
KBA , BI-RA-CRV , SAP Crystal Reports Viewer , Bug Filed