- We want external candidates to skip New Hire Data Review but Internal employee to go through the New Hire Data Review.
- How to get a candidate to go through a different onboarding process based on rules.
- Candidate display in the process they should not be in.
Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental.
SAP SuccessFactors Onboarding
Reproducing the Issue
- Initiate onboarding for a new candidate
- Navigate to the home page of the manager
- View the candidate in a step they should have skipped
Only one Process Variant was configured for the different types of candidates
- Login to BizX
- Navigate to Process Variant Manager
- Click on + Process Variant
- Enter an ID without spaces or special char, and enter a name. Spaces are allowed there
- Click save and click on the Process Variant name to configure the steps.
- Click on Start tile a window will pop up in which you can select the next step
- Create you steps as you wish example below
- Click validate and save when you finish viewing the validation message.
- Then click cancel because your process will not activate until you have a rule configured
- Select Define Business Rules
- Then select the + in the next window
- Select Onboarding 2.0 section, and choose Select Process Variant form the option
- Add rule ID on the top right corner, and the name will automatically populate, but you can edit that.
- Click Continue
- In the example of the rule displayed below, I want internal hires to enter the Process Variant with the New Hire Data Review Step,
and external candidates to join the Process Variant without the first step.
- you can define it to suit your business needs
- Select Save when completed
- Navigate back to Process Variant Manager
- Click on Process Variant name
- Click Activate and close the window
- Test with a new candidate
Process Variant, Internal Hires, Process Variant Manager, Onboarding Process, Skip, New Hire Data Review, Process, OBX , KBA , LOD-SF-OBX-COD , Onboardee Data Review , Problem