- Columns and rows width and height different.
- Report exported to MS Excel Data Only from Crystal Reports, does not have the same formatting in different version of Excel.
- When opening a report exported to MS Excel Workbook Data-Only, the columns and rows width and heights are not the same in different version of MS Excel.
- SAP Crystal Reports 2013
- SAP Crystal Reports 2016
- SAP Crystal Reports 2020
- MS Excel 2016
- MS Excel 2019
- MS Office 365
Reproducing the Issue
- In Crystal Reports, open a report.
- Export the report to MS Excel Workbook Data Only.
- Open the exported report in MS Excel 2016.
- On another computer, open the same exported report in MS Excel 365, and notice the columns and rows width and height are different between the different versions of MS Excel
- The difference in how the same exported report look in different version of MS Excel, is due to how MS Excel display the information, which is affected by:
- MS Windows screen resolution; ( Example: One computer has a 125% Zoom screen resolution, where the other computer does not); and
- MS Windows default printer and settings. ( Example: DPI, default paper size )
- Ensure MS Windows screen resolution, and MS Windows default printer and settings, are the same all computers.
CR, xls, xlsx, xport , KBA , BI-RA-CR , Crystal Reports designer or Business View Manager , Problem
SAP Crystal Reports 2013 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2016 ; SAP Crystal Reports 2020