No option in CR/BOE Viewers or SDK's to select the new Microsoft Excel(XLXS) format introduced in CR 2020 (64bit)
Reproducing the Issue
Try to use RAS .Net/Java SDK or CR .Net SDK to export report to pagebased XLSX format, there is no option to select the new CR 2020 format
No corresponding API is available before.
This is an enhancement request. See the details in the "Solution" section below for how to use the new API.
This enhancement is introduced in the patches listed in the "Support Packages & Patches" section below.
Due to different internal processes, the "Support Packages & Patches" section of the SAP Note will be populated as below:
Note: because CRS/BOE/CRSE is gated not adding this to the Product list.
- for fixes delivered in "Support Packages": immediately (even if the "Support Package" is planned to be released several months later)
- for fixes delivered in "Patches": ONLY once the "Patch" is released AND available on SMP (not before)
- 2997876 - Expose XLSX page based format in RAS .NET/Java SDK and CR .NET SDK
For Business Intelligence Platform maintenance schedule and strategy see the Knowledge Base Article 2144559 in References section.
For Crystal Reports for Visual Studio SP 30 and above.
Update “ReportExportFormat” in RAS Java SDK API
- Add “XLSX” for page based XLSX
- Add “recordToXLSX” for record based XLSX (same to existing “recordToMSExcel2007”)
Update “CrReportExportFormatEnum” in RAS .NET SDK API
- Add “crReportExportFormatPageToXLSX” for page based XLSX
- Add “crReportExportFormatRecordToXLSX” for record based XLSX (same to existing “crReportExportFormatXLSX”)
Update “ExportFormatType” in CR .NET SDK API
- Add “XLSXPagebased” for page based XLSX
- Add “XLSXRecord” for record based XLSX (same to existing “ExcelWorkbook”)
Update “ViewerExportFormats” in CR .NET SDK API
- Add “XLSXPagebasedFormat” for page based XLSX
- Add “XLSXRecordFormat” for record based XLSX (same to existing “XLSXFormat”)
CR for VS, CR2020, Excel, XLSX, Export, RAS .Net SDK, RAS Java SDK, CR .Net SDK , KBA , BI-DEV-NET , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - .NET or Other , BI-DEV-JAV , BI Software Development Kits (SDKs) - Java , Problem