- On ASE 16.0 SP04, several timeslice error messages are seen in the SAP ASE errorlog in the module pausenonatomic()
timeslice -1001, current process infected at 0x20757ef (pausenonatomic+0x9)
timeslice error: spid 454 exhausted its 'time slice' of 100 milliseconds and additional 'cpu grace time' of 1000 ticks (100000 milliseconds). It has been marked for termination.
- Concurrent dump database or dump transaction jobs hang
- On systems running SAP applications, ST22 short dumps occur with Error SQL30102 - several SAP work processes terminate
- ASE server needs to be restarted in order to clear the problem
- The timeslice errors are accompanied by stacktraces which may be similar to the following:
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP04
- SAP Adaptive Server Enterprise (ASE) 16.0 SP04 for Business Suite
- Linux OS
timeslice, "DUMP DATABASE", "DUMP TRANSACTION", Sybase, ASEServer, SAPASE, dataserver, backupserver, hang, hanging, CR824229, CR#824229, 824229, SQL30102 , KBA , BC-SYB-ASE , Sybase ASE Database Platform (non Business Suite) , BC-DB-SYB , Business Suite on Adaptive Server Enterprise , Bug Filed
About this pageThis is a preview of a SAP Knowledge Base Article. Click more to access the full version on SAP ONE Support launchpad (Login required).
Search for additional results
Visit SAP Support Portal's SAP Notes and KBA Search.