You try to invoice an Outbound Delivery Invoice Request and receive the following error message:
Invoicing for item XX type Sales Order Invoice Request ABC not permitted; inappropriate status. (XX represents the line item number and ABC represents the Outbound Delivery Invoice Request ID).
SAP Business ByDesign
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to the Customer Invoicing work center.
- Go to the Invoice Requests view.
- Select All Invoice Requests in the Show field.
- Click on the Advanced button for the advanced search.
- Here enter the Sales Order XYZ (XYZ refers to the sales order ID).
- Select the Document Type as Sales Order and click on the Go button.
- Select the Sales Order Invoice Request ABC and Click on Release.
The warning message is shown: Invoicing for item XX type Sales Order Invoice Request ABC not permitted; inappropriate status.
These warnings are part of standard system functionality, and should not stop the Invoice from being released.
In case you face this warning and it is blocking you to release, check if you have approval process in the Invoice scenario, in case of yes, make sure that Invoice has been approved.
Error, Invoice, SOIR, Invoice Request, Sales Order Invoice Request, Outbound Delivery Invoice Request , KBA , AP-CI-CIR , Customer Invoice Request , How To