- When posting a journal entry via app "Post General Journal Entries" you attempt to assign/view the profitability segment. Some of the fields do not have a search capability or F4 function.
"Image/data in this KBA is from SAP internal systems, sample data, or demo systems. Any resemblance to real data is purely coincidental."
- S/4HANA Cloud
- S/4HANA Finance
Reproducing the Issue
- Go to app "Post General Journal Entries" (F0718).
- Enter the header details such as Journal Entry Date, Posting Date, Company Code, Transaction Currency, Document Type, etc.
- Go to line item 1.
- Entry the G/L Account and the Debit or Credit Amount.
- Select the dropdown function for the line item.
- Select "Assign Profitability Segment" or "View Profitability Segment".
- Fields such as "Profit Center", "Sales Order", "Sales Document Item" and "Cost Center" do not have search functionality.
- These fields are transferred from the "Account Assignment" section maintained within the item level. In the account assignment it is possible to preform searches on these fields.
- Below you can see these fields are searchable.
- Once you search for the entry required and maintain it. This will be transferred to the "Assign Profitability Segment" section.
- In this case I picked the Cost Center 17101101 in the account assignment and when checking "Assign Profitability Segment" the master data and attributes were taken from this Cost Center.
Important point to note: When adding the WBS element by deriving from profit center via profitability segment-popup. Then, the WBS element won't be transferred from profitability segment-popup to the line item (account assignments).
This is the expected behavior. Just a few fields (e. g. profit center) will be transferred from profitability segment-popup to line items (account assignment) and vice versa.
From a business point of view, there is a difference between entering the WBS element on line item- or profitability segment-level. Please decide, which one fits best in your use case.
You can also insert the WBS element twice (within profitability segment and in account assignments on line item-level), if necessary.
This is due to complex logic between account assignments on line item-level and on profitability segment-level.
PSG, Acc assign., Posting, JE, COPA, , KBA , FI-FIO-GL , Fiori UI for General Ledger Accounting , FI-GL-GL-A , Posting/Clearing , FI-FIO-GL-IS , Reporting Apps , CO-PA-ACT , Flow of actual values , Problem