A user with a special character in their first or last name is part of an Approval Process. The field which has the special character is not rendering correctly on the following screens of the user side:
- The Pending Approval screen where the Approver would Approve/Deny the request
- The Approval Submission screen where an end user would submit the approval
There are other sections that are impacted that are not listed
SAP SuccessFactors Learning - 2H 2020
Reproducing the Issue
- Create a user that has a special character in their name (not ID) such as M'usterson
- Create an Approval Process and associate the newly created user as an approver
- Create an Item and associate the Approval Process
- As a different user, assign the Item to your Learning Plan and Request Approval
- In the list of Approvers, notice the name M'usterson rather than the expected M'usterson
There is no workaround at this time to make special characters not be encoded.
This has been fixed for the 1H 2021 release. Validated (vSaaS) environments are not impacted.
apostrophe, ampersand, ', &, first, last, name, wrong, look, off, weird, characters, special, approval, role, process, users, names, user, lms, learning, sf, , KBA , LOD-SF-LMS-TAP , Approvals , Known Error